Postdoctoral Fellow - Super-resolution Microscopy
Job posting number: #7055184
Posted: January 9, 2019
Job DescriptionAbout City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Tijana Jovanovic-Talisman at the Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope. The Beckman Research Institute is an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution, and a designated Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute. The City of Hope’s Beckman Research Institute provides an environment that encourages interdisciplinary collaboration.
Key Responsibilities include:
The project involves using and developing super-resolution microscopy methods to investigate organization of membrane receptors in cultured cells and patient samples.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
• A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required;
• No more than three years of postdoctoral training;
• Experience in microscopy, cell biology, and MatLab programing;
• Ability to carry out independent research and prepare manuscripts for publication.
Preferred education experience and skills:
• PhD in biophysics, chemical engineering, cell biology;
• Super-resolution microscopy experience.
• For more information about Dr. Jovanovic-Talisman’s research, please visit https://www.cityofhope.org/people/jovanovic-talisman%20-tijana.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.